Friday, October 06, 2023

you steady chasin' that paper

I had a lovely day, all in all. I skipped an optional meeting this morning because it was at 7:30am and I need to reclaim my mornings after the official end of the mural festival. But I still got up in time to make some tea and make a nine a.m. appointment for allergy shots, which are continuing relatively well - my allergies have been totally manageable this fall, which is a big improvement over six months ago, so the shots have been worth it.

Then I grabbed some groceries, came home, and spent the morning taking care of a variety of writing / personal tasks. Then I had a late lunch with [censored], avoided my to-do list for a bit, and then buckled down in the basement to organize more of my tings. It's not looking as bad as I thought it might be, mostly because I kept a lot of empty boxes post-move, and many other things can be easily consolidated now that I've been here a year and have a better idea of what I'm using.

Eventually, I stopped working (and stopped taking a break on my grandparents' old armchair, which is in the basement) and made a double batch of chicken tortilla soup. It was just on the verge of too spicy, but it was a v. welcome treat - it's suddenly cold here today (I had to wear a jacket and uggs to the hospital!), which is hilarious since I'm getting heat advisory warnings on my phone for San Francisco. So [censored] and I ate dinner, discussed chain saws (as one does), etc., before I decided to hang out upstairs.

And now, I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: