Friday, October 27, 2023

if you live like that, you live with ghosts

I was pretty busy today - I decided to take a rather impromptu trip to Denver this week, which it turns out is perhaps a bad idea because the weather does not look ideal for a drive across Nebraska. However, I want to be in Denver next weekend to see a friend visiting from London, and so going this weekend enables me to see some more people before that.

So, I spent some quality time this morning writing, and then I showered, ate lunch, did some housework, and went into town to get allergy shots. Before I got my shots, I went to the courthouse and voted in case I don't make it back before election day - it was only city and school board, so it only took a few minutes, but I'm glad I got it done. My allergy shots were annoying and itchy, as per usual, but I took my laptop and worked for thirty minutes while I sat there.

Then I came home, spent a couple of hours packing + doing house stuff, and had a quick call with someone. Then, [censored] and I met the parents in town for dinner - we never go to the steakhouse in town, but they had a gift certificate, so we went there to help use it up. We all agreed the appetizers were great (albeit gluten-y) - their cheese balls and breaded mushrooms were excellent, and Dad got chicken gizzards, which, while not my favorite, were quite good for gizzards. My main course (an Iowa chop) was almost too salty, since I'm guessing it was brined too long, but otherwise everything was good.

Then [censored] and I came home, and I finished packing by ten p.m., which is a record for me. I also emptied the dishwasher, folded laundry, etc., so that [censored] is not left with a total mess in my absence. And now, I need to sleep so that I can get on the road as early as possible (for me, not for normal humans) - goodnight!

No comments: