Thursday, October 19, 2023

wanted to fight this war without weapons

I felt fairly accomplished today, all in all. I wrote most of the morning, before taking a quick shower and making a frozen pizza for lunch. Then, I caught up with Veronica for an hour, which was v. necessary. I did a bit more writing, did some procrastinating, and took a nap. And then, I made scalloped potatoes (Barefoot Contessa's potatoes au gratin recipe, modified to remove the leeks and onions that [censored] and other midwesterners don't want in scalloped potatoes) and a ham. It was a bit decadent for a Thursday night, but it was v. tasty.

While that was cooking, I cleaned up the kitchen and then sat on my balcony and wrote for a little bit. Eventually, [censored] and I ate while watching tv. And then I left [censored] to his own devices, came upstairs, vowed not to doomscroll social media, and instead inhaled an entire book - THIS IS HOW YOU LOSE THE TIME WAR. It's been sitting on my shelf for awhile, and I read it fast because it's relatively short - but it's a bizarre, fun book and I'm glad I read it.

And now, I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: