Saturday, October 14, 2023

when the rain soaks through the heels and slips to the sole

It was a v. dreary day today, which reminds me that Iowa in winter is about a million times worse than Iowa in summer. It wasn't all bad - I got up relatively early for a Saturday and went into town to have coffee with Amber. She was in [censored]'s class, so I didn't know her well in school since I thought [censored]'s classmates were children, but she is not a child now. We had a good time chatting about a variety of local subjects, so I'm glad we made it happen.

Then, I grabbed groceries, came home, ate some leftovers, and did a whole lot of nothing. I guess I accomplished a nap, a load of laundry, and a journal entry, so it wasn't all a wash - but I wasn't in the mood to do anything else while it was so grey outside. I did, however, rally to make dinner - I cooked a tater tot casserole and invited the parents to come and share it with us. It turned out quite well, even if the grocery store only had mini tater tots, and the bagged caesar salad I bought was a good addition.

After the parents left, I finished cleaning up and then procrastinated some more before folding my laundry and doing a couple of minor tasks. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: