Tuesday, May 29, 2018

carry me home tonight

I was in a fairly terrible mood all day - I woke up not wanting to go to work, I got there not wanting to be there, and then every meeting pretty much reaffirmed my lack of desire. It didn't help that they went straight from nine to five, with two brief breaks that weren't at all restorative.

But I left the office at five, picked up my favorite greek takeout (yummy as always), came home and ate it in my kitchen, and then spent an hour and a half on my new lawn chair, sitting on the balcony outside my bedroom, reading a book about Istanbul. So that part, at least, was pretty relaxing and magical.

However, all magic ends, and so I spent an hour putting away laundry, tidying my house, etc. Then I finally did a bit of work - it started with trying to corral my calendar tomorrow (limited success) and then involved an hour putting a spreadsheet together (annoying, for real). And now I need to go to bed, sad in the knowledge that there's no way I'll get up in time to write before work tomorrow, but c'est la vie. Only two more days until vacation, so hopefully I can make it. Goodnight!

No comments: