Sunday, May 27, 2018

catch you when the current lets you go

I had a perfect day, all in all. I woke up after getting eight full hours of sleep for the first time in forever, and then I made coffee and wrote for awhile. Then I walked a couple of blocks to River and Woods to pick up my car, ran it through a car wash, ran some errands, wrote some more, made lunch, took a nap, took a shower, and wrote again...

But then I abandoned my house and came to Katie's, which is where I'm sleeping tonight. We had a very low key evening - James smoked some awesome pork, and Katie made corn on the cob and a delish German-style potato salad. So we ate supper, then took the girls for a walk around the neighborhood.

I actually stopped drinking at seven, so from an alcohol standpoint I'm good to drive home... But while James put the girls down, Katie and I sat outside and talked. James eventually joined us, as did a giant raccoon lounging on the neighboring roof, and we ended up sitting outside until almost midnight.

So now I'm holed up in the guest room, which is a very familiar place... And now it's time to sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: