Tuesday, May 22, 2018

tell me when it kicks in

I had a long day at work, filled with many, many annoyances. So many that I probably couldn't quantify them now, which is for the best since it's all confidential and I can't tell you anyway. Never fear, I didn't get fired, and nothing has been decided with this endless reorg that I've been living (dying) in since joining eight months ago. But still, if people could avoid causing any fires tomorrow so I can get some work done, that would be very much appreciated, tanks.

However, the good news is that it only hailed a little bit today - the quantity of hail I've seen in the last two weeks is truly astounding. And the better news is that I actually wrote both before and after work. Yes, I'm burying the lede. But I finally, in a brilliant moment of clarity, realized exactly where I went wrong with my young adult book like three years ago...five chapters ago, I took a serious wrong turn, and I never figured out that that was why all forward progress had pretty much stalled.

So I was so excited by that realization this morning that I actually managed to write for half an hour after work as well, even though I had a million work things to do and probably should have done them instead. [in fact, typing that sentence reminded me of one of the annoyances that I'd forgotten about, which I will now have to deal with in the morning, ugh]

But that's all you're getting tonight - after I wrote for half an hour, I made avocado toast for dinner, and then I had multiple calls with people from Singapore and Hyderabad, so I'm feeling a little surly (despite the fact that I like the people I talked to and got some good gossip, which is always fun). That means it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: