Friday, May 04, 2018

luck of the irish

I suddenly have a headache, so I'm going to bed and hope it will clear it up before I wake up. Today was good enough - I had a bunch of meetings, then lunch with Aga and Andrea, and then I cleared out of work at 1:30 so I could spend some time in Dublin. I walked down to the Chester Beatty Library, where I wandered around the exhibits for an hour or two - it's more of a museum than a library, and it was lovely (although I'd been there in 2006). Then I went to Avoca and bought some wool socks and a throw blanket. And then I went to a pub, where I ordered shepherds pie and a Guinness because I felt like I should (which is probably why I have the headache)...

...but the shepherds pie really wasn't that good, and so when I got a message from Aga asking if I wanted to have dinner with her and her sister, I abandoned the rest of it + half my beer and met up with them instead. Second dinner was much better (tasty fish and a salt cod croquette), and it was fun to meet her sister and hang out for a couple of hours.

Then we walked back to the hotel, and I took a v. brief nap before packing my stuff and doing a tiny bit of work. And now it's bedtime...I was supposed to fly out at 9:20am tomorrow, but I changed my flight to leave at 12:30, which means I can get a decent amount of sleep before heading to the airport. Yay me. Goodnight!

No comments: