Friday, May 25, 2018

stolen dance

Today was mostly good, all in all - I did not want to get out of bed after getting less than six hours of sleep, but I managed to rally, shower, and go to the doctor for a checkup. This meant I didn't have time to write this morning, nor did I have time for breakfast, but at least I checked the appointment off my to-do list.

Then I went to the office, where I worked from 10:15 to 3:30 without any real breaks - but five hours isn't that onerous (although working so much last night means I felt pretty entitled to going home early today). I also spent the last bit of time putting strips of LED lights around my desk, which awed my coworkers - I had lights on my last desk in California, and I kind of missed them, so I'm happy to have them back. So now my desk is completely blinged out and ridiculous, which is as it should be.

After that, I had happy hour with Nicole - it was my third late afternoon in a row of sitting on a patio and hanging out, and it was pretty magical. I may not have as many friends here as I do in California, but when I can scrounge up friends, I'm quite enjoying the warm summer evenings. We went to River and Woods, which is becoming my fave place; the backyard was perfectly shaded, so we had some chenin blanc and split some poutine and generally gossiped/laughed/had a delightful time. I think we're actually becoming friends, which is great, so hopefully we continue to hang out in the future.

Then I came home, took a nap, talked to Katie about weekend plans, and generally did nothing the rest of the night. But even though it's not quite eleven, I really need some sleep - I have some serious deficit from the week and some serious plans to see Katie tomorrow, which means getting some sleep now is the only thing that will save me. Goodnight!

No comments: