Tuesday, May 15, 2018

then spring became the summer

So, today was pretty relaxing even though my emails are piling up - I got up, took my time getting ready while drinking some coffee, said hi/bye to Katrina, and then went to work, where I did a bit of stuff while eating breakfast. But from 10am to 5pm I was in a training - it was heavy on meditation and mindfulness, which was a good break from my usual shenanigans. It continues tomorrow and part of Thursday, so that may be too much mindfulness, but so far so good.

But at five I was done, and I spent some time talking to some people before rendezvousing with Katrina. We dropped my car off at my house, then walked to River and Woods, which is my nearby favorite. It was a magical location for dinner - they have a back patio that is way larger than I realized (I have only gone when it's cold/raining/not patio-worthy), so we sat back there and admired the venue and the food and the waitstaff. We ended up getting upsold on a bottle of fancy champagne (they were out of what we wanted to drink, but offered us a bottle of nice champagne they'd stocked for mother's day, and gave us a discount on it, so we took it and #noregrets, since it was fucking delicious). We also ended up having not one, but two orders of poutine (again, #noregrets). We also had oysters and deviled eggs, and a lot of fun conversation, and my favorite bartender was thrilled to see me, so that was all delightful.

But now, I should really go to bed since I should work tomorrow before starting the trainings again. Goodnight!

No comments: