Saturday, May 12, 2018

heart town, summer in the city

I spent my day in the new building today...I had a bunch of meetings, but I also had a few hours to get work done, and being off by myself made for a v. productive day. That meant I could stop working at 5:30 and promptly shut down everything and relax...

So I went to River and Woods, where I had poutine and wine and journal time. It's apparently graduation weekend at CU, so the place was packed, but I got my favorite seat at the bar and was taken care of by my favorite bartender, so that was lovely.

Then I came home and furthered the relaxation by turning on my TV for the first time in a month. I ended up watching the first three episodes of "Wynonna Earp" - I can't remember who told me to watch this, but it's pretty batshit crazy and I kind of dig it. The basic premise is that the heirs of Wyatt Earp must try to kill a whole bunch of demons, all of whom are revenants (aka a form of zombie) come back to life from the 77 people Earp killed. Yes, cray cray. So far so good, though - but I realized that staying up late to binge any more of it would be a mistake given everything I want to accomplish this weekend.

So, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: