Sunday, May 13, 2018

wanna put my tender hot in a blender

I should have gone to bed ages ago - I didn't get enough sleep last night, and I appear to be on track to repeat that mistake. But today was fun, and probably way more relaxing/lazy than I deserved. I got up, pulled myself together, and drove down to Denver to see Katie. We had brunch at Revelry, which I'd been to once before (without her, shocking) - they can do their whole menu gluten free, which obviously makes me happy. I had some huevos rancheros that didn't quite do it for me; it was all tasty, but it was smothered in a red sauce that was a little too sweet and not at all spicy, and I would have preferred a chile verde or a chunkier salsa. But it was a v. nice place to have brunch, and it was v. nice to talk to Katie, so #noregrets.

Then I went to her house and hung out for a couple of hours, since I hadn't seen James in awhile and the girls had apparently been wondering if I was ever coming back (they got surprisingly accustomed to me basically living with them last summer). I will probably get sick and die after that since I stole a tater tot from Anne before Katie reminded me that Anne is sick and had sneezed all over it, but we'll see how my immune system holds up...

Then, I should have come home and done a million things around the house, but I wasn't feeling it, so I stopped at the mall on the way back. I didn't buy much after all, but I did pick up some new drinking glasses; while I have a million wine and champagne glasses, I'm down to only five remaining pint-sized tumblers (the striped glasses I bought a decade ago were lovely, but they've slowly attrited over the years). So I got a few new glasses and new placemats at Crate and Barrel, which satisfied my greed for the moment.

I also ate an early dinner at the mall, then came home, messed around online, and took a nap. But I did spend some quality time tonight cleaning my kitchen, changing my sheets, etc., etc. And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: