Monday, May 14, 2018

genie in a bottle

I had a long day at the office filled with many annoyances. There were some good things too - I hired Kristen, who is my friend Barbara's daughter, and her first day in the Boulder office was today, so we had breakfast and also had a 1:1, and that was great. I also had a 1:1 with my manager, who is v. entertaining (in a good way). But generally speaking, my meetings were a series of annoyances piled on top of other annoyances, and I was v. eager to leave at 5....

So I went to Whole Foods to pick up some coffee beans, yogurt, and granola (all I need to survive), and I also retrieved Katrina there. We came back to my place to stow the groceries and change, and then we walked to Pizzeria Locale, where we were v. lucky and scored one of the last tables (and a v. bicep-y, v. nice waiter). They had a delightful Neapolitan-style gluten free crust, and so we ordered two pizzas - a white pizza with burrata, among other things, and a tomato-sauced pizza with eggplant, many kinds of pepper, and pecorino. I think I still have a mild preference for the pizza I usually get there, which has salami, mozzarella, red pepper flakes, and basil, but it was great to branch out and try something different. I also had wine and Katrina had a tasty-looking spritz, and we split some sorbet for dessert, so that was delightful.

Of course, we went suuuuper deep on issues of women in tech, all of which I find rather infuriating (really, my mood today could have used some improvement). And I could go super deep now...but after we got back from dinner, I took care of a couple of things, basically fell asleep while reading my phone, but had to rally for a 10-11pm call with Hyderabad. This should be illegal. It was my own fault for not seeing it sooner - my calendar doesn't naturally extend that far down, so I didn't see it until I was in schedule view for today, which was brutal.

But after dialing in, saying hi, staying silent for an hour (while backchannel pinging jokes to someone on my team), and saying bye, it's finally time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: