Monday, May 28, 2018

we'd be so fantastical

I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night, although it was #worthit - yesterday was fun, and so I didn't feel too bad about waking up at Katie's after approximately six hours of fitful slumber. I spent some leisurely hours hanging out with Katie and James and the girls, and then I came home, picked up some iced coffee on the way, and hermited the fuck out for most of the afternoon. This involved procrastinating instead of writing, eating some eggs, taking a nap, taking a shower, and calling my parents. Yes, I'm living the dream.

But I forced myself out of the house at six and walked to Pizzeria Locale, which was packed - they didn't really want to seat me for dinner since they were so slammed, but they let me order a takeout pizza (which was kind of preferable anyway since it suddenly looked like it might storm, although it didn't end up happening). And while I waited thirty minutes for the pizza, I had a glass of wine and started reading 'Istanbul: A Tale of Three Cities', which is pretty fascinating - humans have lived in Byzantium/Constantinople/Istanbul (and the settlements preceding it) for at least eight thousand years, and it's been at the crossroads of so many sweeping changes in human history.

So when my pizza was ready, I came home, ate it, and spent the evening alternating between Twitter, reading 'Istanbul', and napping. And now it's time for bed so I can be slightly more productive tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: