Monday, May 28, 2018

don't want no misplay, put on no display

Having days off is dangerous, because it reminds me of the best of times when I was entirely in charge of my own schedule. Of course, just as often as not, those days resulted in many hours spent on twitter and despairing, so I shouldn't idealize them too much.

But today was pretty great, all in all. I probably should have left the house, but I was feeling v. hermity - so instead, I alternated between writing, researching, taking care of house stuff/laundry, and messing around online. I've been writing this book entirely in first person, but I decided to try a new way into it with a different character - and what I wrote for her, about her childhood, which took place in a totally unexpected place/time, actually made me tear up a little bit. Yes, being a writer is super weird, thanks for the reminder.

sssanyway...that felt really good, considering how long I've been blocked for, and now I just want to do it all again tomorrow. Instead, I need to go to bed so I can get up and go to work early and do the things I probably should have done this weekend - I only have to get through three days at the office, and then I'm off Friday and all of next week, so my dreams of a vacation and freedom will have to wait another seventy-two hours.

And on that note, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: