Wednesday, May 16, 2018

wake me up before you leave

So, I'm going to sound super entitled and annoying (I know, how is this different from any other day?). But today was the second day of this mindfulness training that I'm doing at work, and it was so annoying that I ended up skipping out two hours early and not going back because I just wanted to punch one of the instructors in the face. I'm sure that wasn't the intention that he was putting out into the universe, but it was the result he was going to get if I didn't leave straightaway.

sssanyway. It didn't help that I awoke this morning to two v. different but equally annoying emails at work, and also to someone cutting down a branch outside my apartment with a chainsaw at seven a.m. Needless to say, I started in a bad mood, and that was how I was destined to remain. But I recuperated enough to say a pleasant goodbye to Katrina (okay, that's a lie, I bitched the entire time that I was making coffee and getting ready to go). Still, I *tried* to say a pleasant goodbye to Katrina, so that's got to count for something, amirite?

So I worked for an hour from home from 6:45-7:45, showered, said goodbye to Katrina, went to work, had breakfast, and then sat in this training. I spent the morning sitting next to my boss, so I had to share some feelings with him, but that was all okay. However, by mid-afternoon, I was totally done - sometime around the time that one of the trainers was talking about putting your intentions into the universe, and his example was how a friend of his wanted to meet the Dalai Lama, and so 'put this intention out' to a v. rich person who has given millions of dollars to the Dalai Lama, and that guy was like, 'okay, can you get to Dharamshala next week, the Dalai Lama will be there and I'll try to hook you up', and the original dude was able to afford a last-minute flight to India and then wait around a monastery for a couple of days until the Dalai Lama was ready to see him.

This is not 'putting your intention out into the universe'. This is 'having rich friends'.

sssanyway again. I decided to take the trainers' advice of 'taking care of your needs and being kind to yourself', which means I skipped the training, came home, left my car here, walked down to Pearl Street, and grabbed a table outside at The Kitchen, where I had some sauvignon blanc and my favorite gluten free pasta in the world, and spent a couple of hours people watching and writing in my journal. This was way better than anything those trainers had to tell me, I'm pretty sure.

But now I want to go to bed. Finally, though, happy [censored] to [censored], who is in [censored] and hopefully didn't drink too many [censored] tonight. Goodnight!

No comments: