Thursday, May 10, 2018

i'm a hotbreaker

I had quite an enjoyable day, but I'm totally exhausted - I think I got less than six hours of sleep last night, which is not a feat that I want to repeat tonight. I had to be in the office by 8:30 to have breakfast with a coworker, which was 100% too early, but at least it was tasty (and fun to gossip).

Then I had meetings most of the day, but I did get to spend some time in the sun - there was a happy hour at Sanitas, which is a brewery across the parking lot / railroad tracks from my building. Dashing across the railroad tracks didn't feel entirely safe, although it was more the steep, rocky incline on either side of the tracks that felt problematic. I can't drink anything at Sanitas - there's some sort of law here that breweries can only serve their own beer rather than getting a liquor license for anything else, and I can't drink beer and none of them seem to make cider. But that's okay, I didn't want a drink anyway - especially since there were also tacos, which were totally delish. And I got to eat them while slowly broiling in the sun, so that was delightful.

After that, I felt done for the day mentally even though it was only 5:30ish. So I walked back to the nicer building (where I had breakfast) to retrieve my car, then went back to my building to pick up a couple of packages, and ended up talking to some of my team for awhile before finally leaving. Then I went to Target, came home, tried on the clothes that were in the packages I picked up, and generally wasted the rest of the evening without opening my laptop or doing any work, yay.

And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: