Thursday, May 03, 2018

achtung baby

It's official, so I can say it here - I got promoted! So while it's probably true that I've been working too much, my covetous workaholic heart got exactly what it wanted. Now I shall pop all the champagne and buy all the shoes....

sssanyway. That's not really news, at least not to me, since I knew it was official last week. Today was mostly a normal day - some meetings, a lunch, some coffees (probably too much coffee), some desires for naps. But I took a break from 7-9:30pm and had a leisurely solo dinner at Charlotte Quay - a pretty restaurant overlooking Grand Canal, in an area that didn't have anything when I lived here in 2006 (a third of my life ago, I realized, which made me feel SUPER OLD). I intended to not work at all when I got back, but I made the mistake of picking up my phone and seeing congratulations messages because the promo email went out while I was eating...so I started responding, and now here I am.

But now I'm ready to sleep, so wish me luck with that - goodnight!

No comments: