Saturday, May 04, 2019

and when you close your eyes

Last night's blog post went so off the rails that it made me laugh when I read it this morning. Unfortunately, laughter made my headache worse; that headache was rather obviously the result of the alcohol I had last night that got me to the point I was at when I posted my blog. However, be assured that I am still alive and my liver lives to fight another day.

Yesterday was super fun, although it started off not-so-ideally - I had some firedrills at work that required attention despite the fact that I'd taken the day off. I did manage to write before that, but then I spent way too much time drafting an email. After that I had to frantically shower and pack, and so I had peanut butter toast for a late breakfast. Then I threw my stuff in my car and drove to Park Meadows to meet Terry and her aunt.

Unfortunately, the peanut butter toast was my entire daytime calorie contribution, which I believe is why I got so drunk last night. Shopping was fun, though - I bought some super cute sandals and also a top, so that was winning. Then we met up with Lauren (aka Subz), had an amazing early dinner at El Five (with great views and even greater food), and then had a drink at Williams and Graham. That turned into two drinks - and my rum drinks (a Queens Park Swizzle) were strong enough to put me under the table.

So, today was definitely an exercise in pain. But I rallied and drove to Boulder to pick up a couple of things I forgot, and then we had a leisurely brunch at The Kitchen in Denver. We mostly wandered all afternoon, and I did get a chance to take a nap, which probably saved my life.

Eventually, we had dinner with Katie and Lola's - I've thrown every restaurant I know at Terry and Lauren, and if they don't come again, clearly I will have set an impossible goal (as I know it is). We had a delightful time, and then followed it up with drinks at Lady Jane - and now I need to sleep before I start talking nonsense like last time. Goodnight!

No comments: