Thursday, May 30, 2019

harmony hall

Today was more relaxing than the last few have been - although I squandered it by feeling a bit sick to my stomach. I wasn't feeling eager this morning, and so I got to the office later than planned (but still early enough that I wasn't a slacker). I had a couple of hours of meetings, including a presentation that went comically awry because our videoconference kept dropping off (at some point everything reconnected and I told the other room to just pretend they'd heard what I'd said, since I was getting tired of repeating it).

Then I grabbed lunch and drove into Denver - our team had an outing to the Rockies baseball game, so I spent the afternoon at the ballpark. Our seats were pretty good - we were on the club level in the shade, which was far more pleasant than I was expecting. The club level meant that we also got like $25 of free food/drinks/merchandise, so I now have a Colorado Rockies baseball cap that I can wear when I'm attempting to fit in. The game was fun, but most of us weren't really that into it, so we basically just ate and drank and then left before it was over to avoid traffic. Turns out it went into an extra inning before the Rockies won at the end, so I'm sure the people who cared enjoyed that.

I was going to do stuff in Denver after, but I wasn't feeling well, so I came home and took a rather long nap in an attempt to fix my stomach (I blame stress + cheap nachos). And now I'm going to go to bed for real - goodnight!

No comments: