Monday, May 20, 2019

deep beneath the cover of another perfect wonder where it's so white as snow

It's snowing in Boulder. Not just little flakes - big, stick-to-your-eyelashes flakes that swirled around as I walked to my car, accumulating on all the trees and bushes and flowers that seem to be as over this shit as I am. This is apparently Denver's latest accumulating snowfall since 2002, and this is a record I would like to have opted out of, thank you very much.

So I awoke in a fairly foul mood - I didn't get enough sleep last night, and so rather than getting up and writing, I hit snooze for an hour. I did sit at my desk at home for awhile then, but it was to take care of some mundane stuff. Then I showered and went into the office, where I had a relatively quiet day - I didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but it was better than nothing, and it was probably the last kinda-relaxing day I'll have in awhile, so I tried to take advantage of it.

I ended up leaving at 5:30 and having happy hour/dinner with the other Sara. There are actually many Saras and Sarahs around (two Sarahs sit within ten feet of me, and I just hired another one), but this particular Sara is great. We went to Boulder Depot and spent several hours gossiping, which was super fun - and we exchanged numbers at the end, so I think it went well and that we're going to be real friends now. This turned out to be v. beneficial for her, since she left my laptop in my car when I dropped her off at the office - luckily I went into the office to pick up a package, so she was able to get it with no drama.

Then I came home, messed around online, did a desultory bit of email work for the day job for the last hour, and then did a bit of book business. And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: