Sunday, May 26, 2019

okay ladies now let's get in formation

I'm sad that my time in Boston is already over - but all good things end, and I'm sure we'll have many more fun memories in the future. Today started with coffee and bacon, as all good days do. Then, after I showered and Anika had her music class, we went to Tiger Mama for brunch. The food was really excellent - I was especially enamored with the fried rice that had scallops and pork and many other delicious things. We also had mai tais because it was #tikibrunch, which felt very on brand.

When we'd eaten as much as was advisable, we walked around until Anika fell asleep in the stroller, and then had a drink at the cafe in the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum. When Anika woke up, we could no longer be all in on rose, so we walked around the museum for a bit - Isabella was a major collector of art and turned her home into a museum, and I'm really going to have to put in a concerted effort if I want to catch up to her level of eccentricity. Also, the museum lost some major paintings in a famous robbery, and the frames were still on display, which was interesting.

But none of this was interesting to Anika, so we came home, changed, and spent the rest of the afternoon by the pool. We then ordered pizza to soak up the bottle of champagne we'd opened at the pool, and then Ritu put Anika down, and then Ritu and I hung out on the balcony and discussed age and family and youth and all sorts of other gossip until we were both too tired to continue. And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: