Saturday, May 25, 2019

the wheels on the bus

Ritu Rani and I had a great day in Boston - it was almost like all our other days in Boston, except we had a toddler with us instead of Bill (so really not different at all). I woke up later than the baby, of course, but I made it upstairs in time for coffee and berries before Ritu and Anika went to Anika's swim lesson. I took that opportunity to shower, and when we were all ready, it was time for fun.

We first had lunch at Island Creek Oyster Bar, which is exactly what we would normally do. Anika miraculously slept through the whole thing, so we had oysters and wine and other tasty things while catching up. Then, Ritu indulged my desire to go to Room and Board and look at furniture - I'm coveting nice outdoor furniture, as well as an adjustable desk to accommodate my ridiculous height, so we checked it all out. Anika really enjoyed climbing on everything, and I really enjoyed sitting on some patio furniture, and Ritu enjoyed almost buying some dining chairs without showing them to Bill (although she changed her mind at the last second).

Then we came home and I took a fifteen minute nap to save myself from certain death. We then walked to a park with a really nice playground and chased Anika around there for a couple of hours while drinking illicit rosé out of a water bottle like total hooligans. We stopped for Thai food on the way home, then came home and put Anika to bed - which means Ritu did all of that and I took a nap on the couch.

But then Ritu and I talked for several hours - and Ritu, in a nod to our usual practices, ordered us a second dinner at eleven pm because our entire way of interacting with each other is grounded in gluttony. She probably would have kept feeding me, and if this were a fairy tale I was definitely getting fattened up for her ovens...but I think I'm safe for now. And now, with a thunderstorm brewing outside, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: