Monday, May 06, 2019

bought a hundred dollar bottle of champagne like me

I had a nice day in California - I got up early enough to walk to the office and have a leisurely breakfast, and then I slogged all day (including a 1:1 with my VP and a bunch of somewhat delicate meetings) but somehow still had time for lunch with Alice and Chris. I also managed to leave at five, which felt pretty perfect.

Then I walked back to my hotel, freshened up, and picked up my car so I could drive to Burlingame. I had dinner with Barbara and Anne, which was totally wonderful - I saw Barbara in Denver a couple of weeks ago, but I hadn't seen Anne since dropping her off at the airport in San Diego after our writing retreat in January. So, we were overdue for a catch-up, which was duly accomplished.

And now I need to sleep so I can wake up super early and drive to mountain view - goodnight!

No comments: