Wednesday, May 08, 2019

i think there's a flaw in my code

I'm very tired, but I haven't quite hit the same level of terminal exhaustion that I usually hit on these trips, so I'd say I'm doing a good job of pacing myself. I did have to wake up pretty early this morning - I had an eight am meeting, and also traffic around here is supposed to be terrible due to a work event all week, so I wanted to get out of Jen's house by 7:20ish. That put me on campus at 7:40, which was early enough to grab coffee and say hi to someone before meeting.

Then I sent a couple of emails, grabbed breakfast, and spent allllll day in a design sprint. This involved spending the morning listening to some v. v. interesting lightning talks from other people in adjacent spaces, and then the afternoon designing experiences around the information we learned in the morning. It made for a long day since we had v. few breaks and only thirty minutes for lunch - but it was all really interesting and thought-provoking, and the group was engaged (and also I genuinely adore everyone who was there today), so it was pretty fun overall.

When it was over, a bunch of us went to Cascal for happy hour, which started strong and devolved into a discussion of Game of Thrones (I am the only person in the world who isn't watching it). After I left, I picked up sushi down the street and brought it back so that Jen and I could have supper together. We continued last night's catch-up over sushi, and continued to discuss how old we are, which was probably continue until we turn forty and stop thinking about such things. But still, it's nice that we've been friends for fifteen years - so there are advantages to getting old.

Then I spent the last hour working, since Jen also had to work - and now I'm wrapping up so I can go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: