Sunday, May 05, 2019

the moment is medical

I woke up in a Marriott in Denver, and I'm about to fall asleep in a Marriott in San Francisco. Today was mostly about saying goodbye and moving on; I woke up early so that I could say a quick goodbye to Subz when she left the hotel at 7am, and then I showered and got ready so that Terry and I could have breakfast together. Terry left around nine, and then I finished getting ready, packed, took a quick nap, etc. before vacating the hotel and moving forward.

I could have probably done something else then, but I was too tired to put any thought into what I wanted to do - so I just went to the airport, where I arrived three hours before my flight, which was absurd. However, that gave me time for a v. leisurely lunch, and also gave me time to talk to my mom without feeling rushed, so it was worth it. Unfortunately my flight was delayed a little bit - not terrible, but more time than I wanted to spend on the plane.

But I got to SF without incident, talked to my dad while waiting for my bag, and then picked up a rental car and drove into the city of sin. I spent this evening taking care of some personal stuff while drinking a glass of wine and eating dinner in the hotel bar - I'd planned to go eat somewhere like Lers Ros, which I never get in Boulder, but I was tired and it was sprinkling when I got here, so I played it safe and did a bit of stuff on my laptop instead.

And now, I should unpack and wash my face and get some sleep - goodnight!

No comments: