Sunday, May 12, 2019

the girl from ipanema

Today was nonstop. I started by getting a cashier's check, since I'm closing on the house on Wednesday... But while I'd originally thought that I could accomplish that errand in a v leisurely way in San Francisco, I instead had to drive down to Stanford and back to visit the Stanford credit union directly. It probably would have worked at an affiliated bank up here, but I didn't have time to risk it.

So I spent fifty minutes driving down, three minutes in the back, and fifty minutes driving back. Then I saw Katrina - we grabbed brunch at Nopalito, which is always a tasty thing to work into my trips here. After Katrina, I drove straight to the east bay and had coffee with Claudia (aka Santy Claude). This was supposed to be our main outing, but she and Sam decided to buy last-minute tickets to Jess's performance this afternoon, so we all headed to Jess's house around four.

The performance was Jess's vocals and another guy's trumpet (and a pianist accompaniment), and it was v intimate since it was in Jess's living room. Jess is an amazing singer, so the music was quite good (even if Ian often attempted to steal the show).

Everyone hung out for awhile after, and when it was all over, John, Jess, Ian, Claudia, Sam and I grabbed dinner at Barney's. That ended somewhat abruptly due to a ketchup incident, as outings with toddlers usually do. So I said my goodbyes, came to the city, went straight to Priyanka and Adit's house, and spent some quality time in their very aesthetically pleasing house.

But now I've already fallen asleep twice and there's no good reason to ruminate about the day right now - so goodnight!

No comments: