Sunday, May 12, 2019

i could wait a year, but i couldn't wait three

I'm sitting in my own bed after many nights away, and as soon as I walked in the door I just wanted to crash rather than doing anything that I had intended to do tonight. So, I let myself indulge in crashing - my travel day was mostly uneventful, but also exhausting, and it came on top of 9+ days of extreme socializing. I stayed in bed longer than I should have this morning, which meant I was a bit more rushed than I like to be at the airport - by the time I returned my rental car, checked my bag, got through security, and reached the gate, they were about to start boarding. Luckily, since I didn't have to worry about overhead space, I took time to eat some mediterranean food and grab an iced coffee before boarding, so at least I had one last meal in San Francisco so that I could avoid getting hangry.

The flight was uneventful, but it took 45min to get my luggage, which made me a bit surly. Then I drove home; I talked to my dad on the way, took a break from the phone so they could eat supper (and so I could grab food at motomaki), and then talked to my mom. After that, I sat on the couch and did nothing, and it was great.

Now, though, I need to sleep - I did do a bit of planning for the week ahead, which is going to have a lot going on, and I want to get up and write tomorrow before all the madness starts again. Happy mother's day to all of you who are mothers (especially my own) - and hugs to those of you whose mothers aren't with you anymore to celebrate. Goodnight!

No comments: