Saturday, May 25, 2019

streetlight serenader

I'm in Boston, happily ensconced in Ritu's guest room, sure to be awoken before I've fully sobered up by the sweet sounds of her toddler roaring to life. Today was smooth overall - I made it out the door and into the office by 8:30, had meetings for four hours straight, then went to the airport. I was really early, so I had lunch (and margaritas) at cantina grill and did some work before boarding.

I was upgraded, so I read a bit before take off, then worked most of the flight. I was mostly tweaking a presentation that I have to give on Tuesday, so I had some wine while nudging graphics on slides. I also befriended the flight attendant, so when I asked for a Bailey's on the rocks at the end, he brought me a full glass. Lolol.

So, I was flying high by the time Ritu picked me up at ten pm. We spent the last four hours hanging out with Bill and drinking wine - Bill is leaving early tomorrow for Chicago, which means this was our only night together. We progressed rapidly through all our usual topics (Iowa, simple machines, turning resurrected woolly mammoths into diesel fuel, how much we've drank together in the past, sex while wearing wolf masks, more Iowa, and Billy Joel). And now, even though I don't want to, I need to sleep so I can survive tomorrow - goodnight!


No comments: