Wednesday, May 15, 2019

gloria, there's easier ways to die

I bought a house! It's all official as of today - I went to Denver this afternoon, sat in a conference, and signed my life away. The only bleak moment was when the title guy cheerfully disclosed that I'll be done paying for it in 2049, which makes me wonder whether the house will end up being directly under some flying-car thoroughfare...but we'll probably all be dead by then anyway, so that's a problem I'm going to ignore for now.

sssanyway, the house buying is exciting, but I'm tempering my excitement because the sellers are renting back for three weeks (does that make me a wamplord?), and so I won't actually take possession until June 7. But still, it's all very real, and I'm pretty excited to make it my own.

The rest of the day was also lovely - I went into the office and did meetings from eight to twelve before leaving for Denver, and then I played hooky this afternoon and went to the mall instead of working diligently at a coffee shop as I intended. Then I met up with Katie for #girlsnightout at Bar Dough - we celebrated the fact that we're now basically neighbors by having v. v. delicious salad and pasta. Their food is incredible but the pasta portions are relatively small - probably the 'right' size, but rather than ordering dessert, we got another pasta to share. I'm sure their real pasta is amazing, but their gluten free pasta is pretty incredible in its own right, and I'm getting hungry just thinking about it again.

So Katie and I had a great time together, and then we drove by my new house, and then I gave her some career advice that revealed how ruthless I can be (shhhh, don't tell anyone). And then I drove back to Boulder, and now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: