Monday, May 27, 2019

slay trick or you get eliminated

I'm back in Boulder after a couple of perfect days in Boston. Today, alas, was not perfect - I didn't get enough sleep last night, and so while I made it to the airport in time to get breakfast, I was not feeling in it to win it. I spent part of the flight dozing and part of the flight doing day job stuff, which was an annoying way to end my vacation - but this week is going to be brutal because it's short, and I knew I would feel better if I got some stuff done.

When I got to Denver, I was v. airsick due to the bumpy descent, and also hungry, so I sat at the airport and had lunch and tried to calm my nausea. Then I drove home and promptly took a nap, which felt amazing. I also talked to my parents for quite awhile, and messed around online, and ate scrambled eggs and toast because it's all I had and I was too lazy to go out. Then, alas, I did another hour or so of work just now - I'm ready for the main presentation that I have to give tomorrow, but I have another lesser presentation to mostly the same audience on Wednesday that I've put no thought into, and another preso next Monday that I should probably start making at some point.

So, work was necessary, but hopefully that means the week feels a little bit sane. And now I'm going to go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: