Monday, August 31, 2020

it's either hell or high water, let's get outta this place

I had a pretty good day, all in all. I got up in time to write before I had to start working, so I'll definitely take that. And my day was fairly chill, at least compared to most days - I had a couple of meetings, but nothing too onerous, and I was able to get quite a bit of actual work done. Sadly I'll probably need to do some evening work this week so that I can take the weekend fully off - it's performance review season, which always means more evening work. But it could be worse (which feels like a v. dangerous, fate-tempting thing to say in 2020, so I'll end it there).

sssanyway I worked all day, with a quick break to have lunch (bologna sandwich and potato chips, lunch of small-town champions). I was done a little before six, and then I hung out upstairs with my parents. My mom made cheeseburgers to go with the rest of the sweet corn Dad picked up yesterday + the veggies I'd grilled, and the cheeseburgers were pretty much perfect. After that, Dad was dealing with some political stuff, but Mom and I hung out in the kitchen and talked for awhile (while also watching some budding drama on the patio between a raccoon and a kitten that both wanted to eat the cat food).

Unfortunately, I had to end our convo slightly prematurely - I had a call with some writer friends at nine, so I had to come downstairs and take that. And now I really need to sleep - I have once again stayed up too late, and if I have any hope of writing (or even just getting normal work done) before my meetings start in the morning, I should be asleep immediately. Goodnight!

No comments: