Sunday, May 01, 2022

blame it on my roots

No case of the Sunday Scaries tonight because it doesn't feel like a Sunday - I don't have to work tomorrow, which makes everything better. My body is clearly catching up to this fact, because I somehow slept until almost ten - I'll be curious to see how much I sleep this week, and whether my heart rate continues its astonishing drop that started when I confirmed my leave and some other stressful things at work wrapped up.

Despite sleeping until ten, I got a lot of things done today. I did a bit of prep in my pantry for a possible painting project this week, and I conned [censored] into pulling a board out of the pantry that certainly didn't need to be there (Marvin made some interesting choices in his day). In payment, I made some v. tasty eggs with ham and onions, which [censored] benefitted from. I also spent some time doing more planning for me and Katie's grand adventure to Italy in a couple of weeks - I am determined not to be as unprepared or as badly packed as I was on my spinster honeymoon with Joann several years ago, so we'll see if I succeed in that.

I spent the afternoon doing some more kitchen organization stuff, and I also said goodbye to [censored], who had to return to the city where he technically resides. Then I went out to my parents' house and made dinner - it was pretty easy since I just thawed out some bolognese sauce from my last trip home and made spaghetti + garlic bread to go with it. I also discussed cemeteries and strange happenings with them, which is my favorite topic.

Then I came back to my house and watched a new episode of Stanley Tucci's SEARCHING FOR ITALY - it made me want to go back to Venice, but that's not happening on this trip. And now, I should probably go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: