Thursday, October 06, 2022

going down the old mine with a transistor radio

I had a v. nice day, even if it was approximately Day 23 of ignoring [censored]'s request to clean out the garage. When I woke up, I drank some cold brew and then took a walk around town, mostly in service of dropping off my water bill payment + some stuff to mail at the post office. Then I came home and wrote for awhile before taking a shower and eating lunch (an assortment of leftovers) with [censored].

After that, the afternoon was mostly spent in my office - I had a follow-up chat with Alyssa, and then I did an hour of reading for my class before it met this afternoon. The discussion was pretty good, overall - it's been a v. long time since I've been in a workshop-style writing class, but it is good to get the juices flowing.

At some point, I was going to start cooking dinner, but on a whim [censored] and I decided to check out a new-to-us restaurant in a town we never go to (Garden Grove). I'd heard about it last week, and it's only open Thursday-Saturday, so we decided to see what it was all about. It was actually quite nice inside - it's in an old recently-restored hotel, and the decor is pretty nice (and features some trains, which my family is into). The menu is limited mostly to burgers and pasta and various fried tings, which isn't great for the gluten-free life, but my burger without the bun was quite tasty - and their cheese curds (which definitely had gluten) were excellent. So, having sussed it out, I would go back - and it's nice to add possibilities to the food options around here, even if it is 25 or so miles away.

Then we came home, and I mostly messed around and did nothing until now. And now I should sleep - goodnight!

No comments: