Sunday, October 09, 2022

we rattle this town, we rattle this scene

I had a long but good day of house projects, and now I'm v. tired. I made some eggs and coffee this morning to get me and [censored] fortified, and then we did a whole bunch of moving of various tings to various places. Between my dad's equipment and [censored]'s stuff, moving tings around certainly goes differently than it did when I lived in cities by myself - for instance, [censored] was able to move a treadmill from the garage to a shed across the yard on a skid loader, which was way easier than any other method.

I will spare you the (occasionally illicit) details, although I will say that bringing my dad's dumpster to my house was way easier for clearing the previous owner's stuff out of my shed than it would have been to take all that stuff to the dumpster. So we cleared out a bunch of shed stuff, then moved a bunch of garage stuff to the shed. We're still hoping to be able to paint the garage next weekend, and we made a good dent in getting it cleared out, but we'll see what happens.

At some point I took a break from garage stuff to make dinner (chicken tortilla soup, which is always good). And eventually, I took a shower and spent the rest of the evening writing + messing around online while [censored] watched videos about garage floors. And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: