Tuesday, October 18, 2022

so welcome back and take a breath, you come to life, you're bored to death

I was lazier than I intended to be today, but that's because I had intended to spend today prepping the garage so that I could spray the ceiling tomorrow. However, my hands are still shot from this weekend's painting activities, and I've been on the brink of carpal tunnel or RSI or whatever other hand issues often enough to know that I need to rest them now or they will only get worse. So, I reneged on my plan to prep the garage, which felt right even if Future Sara will probably not be excited to do it next weekend.

Instead, I spent the day messing around the house - I did approximately four loads of laundry, cleaned some tings, moved some tings around, etc. I also did a wee bit of journaling and an even wee-er bit of writing. And I took a walk around town, despite the fact that it's approximately forty degrees - it was colder than I wanted it to be, but it helped me to stretch out from painting + kettlebells, so it was #worthit.

After all of that (and a trip to the grocery store), I had a pretty quiet night. [Censored] showed up this afternoon, and we ate dinner together (leftover burrito bowls that I made last night). Then I retired to my room, where I reread the first half of SUNSHINE. This has been a favorite reread since it came out almost twenty years ago (gasp), but I don't think I've reread it since the pandemic started, so I'm overdue. It has a bit of an interesting plot structure and a very strong narrative voice, so I'm reading it partially to see how the author did what she did - but I'm also reading it because I love it, and I continue to love it despite reading it so many times over the years.

But now, I need to go to bed before I inadvertently stay up all night finishing my reread. Goodnight!

No comments: