Tuesday, October 04, 2022

headlights pin the highway down

It was a gorgeous day in rural Iowa - winter is still coming, but today was warm and sunny. The fields are golden, descending into brown; harvest is ongoing, which means an uptick in the number of trucks going by my house at all hours of the day, headed out and back to fields with loads of grain. In a few weeks everything will be brown and grey and dead, but for now it's still gorgeous, and I want to soak it in.

Unfortunately, I slept in this morning - I woke up at five with a v. unusual sour stomach, which is unusual because I used to do that all the time when I was working but haven't had a sleepless interlude like that in a couple of months. So, when I did go back to sleep, I let myself turn off my alarm. Despite that, I had a good day - I made tea and read some of the readings for my fantasy/scifi class while sitting on my balcony, which was great. I also made a perfect omelette for lunch. I went to the flooring store to have yet another entertaining conversation with the proprietor and confirm the flooring I want to get for my kitchen/main floor bathroom. I ran to the grocery store to get more eggs, since I'm living on omelettes.

When I got home, I did a bit of organizational stuff, and I also took a bit of a walk. And I ended up making another batch of burrito bowls in my instant pot - it wasn't what I intended to make tonight, but my salmon hadn't thawed out, and I wanted something easy. So I ate that, then did some more stuff in my office, and then greeted [censored]. And now, I should consider going to bed and trying to get up early again tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: