Wednesday, October 12, 2022

who gives a fuck about an oxford comma

I had quite an excellent day, although there wasn't time to do everything I wanted to do. I spent the morning writing, which went well. I also had a call with an old college classmate who reconnected on LinkedIn; she told me a bunch of stories about Iowa that she remembered me telling her twenty years ago, so I guess maybe I should write a book with those stories because apparently they stick in others' memories. It was great to catch up and I think we'll do it again, so that's a nice highlight for the day.

At some point, I made an omelette and some toast for lunch, which was tasty. I also did some more stuff in my office, and did some more prep work in the garage. And in the evening, I went to a meeting of my secret society; I got drafted into being a temporary note-taker for the night, but it was all good. The dessert after was also pretty tasty, and I got to indulge in some good royal gossip with someone, so it was a worthy outing.

Then I talked to my mom in the parking lot for a bit, came home, and did a bunch of stuff that I needed to get done. And now I'm going to go to bed slightly later than intended but slightly earlier than usual - goodnight!

No comments: