Saturday, October 29, 2022

say goodbye to hollywood

I had intended to paint my garage ceiling today - but after approximately eight hours of prepping, all we accomplished was getting the garage ready to paint. It truly takes an exorbitant amount of time to put plastic on everything and seal the room up, especially when trying to cover garage door tracks and various other strange features.

Somewhere in there, I took a break to make scrambled eggs and hashbrowns to fuel me and [censored] for the journey ahead. And really, the prep wasn't too bad - it's just incredibly tedious to hang a bunch of plastic that will likely come down tomorrow. But the garage will look great when we're done, so I'm holding on to that belief that spending this many hours painting it will be worth it.

Eventually, I threw in the towel on garage stuff for the day. [censored] and I left the lights off in the house tonight to avoid attracting candy-seekers, but we did welcome his best friend's kids, who were pretty adorable. Then we had dinner at the parents' house - v. tasty brisket with mashed potatoes, which went a long way toward refueling me.

And now, I am falling asleep as I type, so it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: