Tuesday, October 25, 2022

harmony hall

I'm back in ye olde Iowa after a perfectly smooth (except for turbulence) trip out of New Orleans today. I got up, encountered no issues getting an Uber, met no major traffic on the way to the airport, and didn't have to stand in line for security at all (thanks to my Clear membership, which is paid for by one of my credit cards, and my TSA precheck). That gave me time to have a lackluster but still helpful breakfast and grab Starbucks before boarding.

My first flight was on time, and I had just enough time to make it between gates (a long distance, as it turned out) before boarding in Houston. The second flight hit some unpleasant turbulence, but otherwise it was all good.

When I landed, I drove to the next town south of the airport to get gas, picked up some groceries, and ate takeout Chinese from the grocery store deli in my car. Then I got home and promptly took a nap. I spent the rest of the evening settling, planning my week, and reading the book I was reading on the plane (which I will discuss in more detail later). Goodnight!

No comments: