Wednesday, October 05, 2022

all night long, writing poems to california

I had a fairly excellent day, all in all. I did some stretching and a bit of kettlebell stuff, and then I spent the morning doing some legit writing, which felt great. It's quite likely that none of it will make it into the final draft, but it's also quite likely that I'm getting into something interesting. We'll see where it takes me tomorrow!

I also had lunch with [censored], although we ate different things. Then I did a bit more work before talking to Alyssa, who was a delight. After, I did a bunch of random house stuff - I put together the rest of a set of shelves, did some laundry, tidied up the kitchen, etc. And eventually, I made dinner - I roasted some salmon, along with some roasted potatoes and some roasted broccoli, and even though everything roasts for different times and even though (or perhaps because) I used approximately one gallon of olive oil, it all came together right on time and was quite delicious. I ate it while [censored] and I watched some TV (Big Bang Theory reruns + some replays of this week's SNL - ooof, that cast is gonna need some time to gel).

Eventually, I came upstairs and read part of a book on the folklore of rural crafts (especially beekeeping and blacksmithing), which is way too high level but also gave me some interesting avenues of exploration. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: