Tuesday, October 11, 2022

heat wave, the slow lane

I had a mostly excellent day, although I easily could have fallen into some Tuesday Scaries (not really a thing, but you never know) because the weather seemed rather gloomy. It wasn't actually that gloomy - it was still warm out, but the wind and clouds made it seem wintery.

However, I did do quite a bit of writing today, which was excellent - I'm feeling my way into the story and it's taking some weird (aka exciting) twists already. I'm willing to see where these twists go, as long as the setting doesn't change - but we'll see what happens.

Beyond the writing, I did some house stuff, took a short walk, and discovered that I still can't get ceiling paint in town (the paint-ordering guy at the lumber yard, whose name I know but will not share for privacy reasons, said that he hopes to get it 'in his lifetime' but has given up hope for now). I also spent some time working on prepping the garage to paint it, which felt like a worthy endeavor. And I did the reading for my class this week, so I feel quite accomplished.

And now, I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: