Saturday, January 28, 2023

awake on my airplane

I have returned to ye olde Iowa after a completely uneventful day of travel. I left the house in Carlsbad this morning before anyone else was stirring, and I didn't have to wait for an Uber to take me to the airport. He and I had a nice chat about nineties fashion and I was hideously reminded that I used to have a t-shirt with Tweetie Bird on it, which has apparently come back. I am amused and appalled.

At the airport, check in was a breeze (thanks to stacking premier status + precheck + clear), and I ate breakfast and grabbed Starbucks before my flight. We landed in Denver early and my gate for Des Moines was directly across from my gate from San Diego, so it could not have been easier. And my bag was the first one off the plane in Des Moines, so travel really worked in my favor this time.

Of course, leaving the airport changed my mind about the wisdom of coming home - it was sixteen degrees, snowing, and icing on top of that. So, my drive home was a bit treacherous, especially since my headlights iced over and weren't very bright. But I got groceries on the way, so at least there's that.

When I got home, I unloaded my car, and then [censored] and I grabbed Mexican food (even though we really wanted [censored], but the ice was kind of brutal). And then we discussed house updates and watched two utterly absurd episodes of Letterkenny. And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: