Friday, January 27, 2023

i know the sea leads me straight to the sun

Retreat continues to go quite well - I'm starting to figure out the shape of my book, and the series that it starts, so that's a v. welcome feeling after a long time wandering around in the story forest looking for a book. I was lazier this morning than I intended to be, but I eventually hung out in the gazebo for a couple of hours and brainstormed / talked to Barbara/Grace/Veronica / ordered a v. perfect poke bowl for lunch. It was my third poke bowl of the week and it was definitely the best - so much so that I want another one tomorrow, but I probably will abstain so that I don't give myself mercury poisoning.

After lunch, I sat in the gazebo a bit longer, but it got too hot, so I moved to the living room to write. I got six pages, which I will definitely take. Then, we met to discuss business for a couple of hours before eating dinner - we ordered from a Thai place that was really excellent, and Anne and I shared some curry and pad thai that made my heart happy.

After dinner, I hung out downstairs for awhile, then absconded with Veronica to the roof deck to brainstorm my book. I also talked to Anne about it for a bit before deciding that it was in my best interests to go to my room and recover a bit of my energy / wind down before bed.

And now, I really need to go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: