Saturday, January 14, 2023

took my heart to the limit, and this is where i stay

I feel like I did some things today, but upon further reflection, perhaps I didn't. I woke up this morning and made some v. tasty eggs for me and [censored]; to defer to my bougie tastes, I cooked the bacon/onion/mushroom filling together, then split into two pans and made [censored] some scrambled eggs with those toppings + cheddar, and made myself scrambled eggs with those toppings + goat cheese + some extra herbs. This was a good touch, since we were both happy with the outcome, I got to eat something bougie, I used some leftover goat cheese that would have gone to waste, and it took approximately one minute of extra effort.

After eating, I did some work upstairs, trimmed my bangs, and showered. I spent the afternoon trying to get some writing done before throwing in the towel and watching the ISU/Kansas game with [censored] - it's a shame ISU lost, but there is never shame to losing to Kansas at home, and ISU is having a great season so far.

Then, I hung out for a bit before calling in an order for Mexican food. [Censored] and I picked it up and took it out to the parents' house, where we ate and discussed various tings (like Ukraine and auger bores and mural painting). Then, Dad challenged us (but mostly [censored]) to a game of Ticket to Ride, so we stayed and played - and Dad actually won, which was delightful. I would have rather won myself, but I'm happy for anyone who beats [censored], and Dad came out on top. [Censored] managed to get second, which I am statutorily obligated to tell you. It definitely wasn't my game, since my destinations were terrible, but it was fun to hang out.

Then I came home, talked to [censored] about a variety of house projects, and took care of some business. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: