Sunday, January 15, 2023

sometimes quiet is violent

I did a whole bunch of stuff today, and I missed some stuff I intended to do - so it was pretty par for the course. I got up, did some kitchen stuff, and made breakfast for me and [censored] - the usual eggs, with some hashbrowns to add a bit of decadence. I also did a bunch of office-type work, which felt good even though I had a headache from looking at my screen.

I should have had a friendship renewal call this evening, but I ended up canceling due to a combo of the headache + all the stuff that [censored] and I were doing around the house - we put a bunch of stuff in the dumpster, and [censored] was doing some plumbing and needed the occasional assist. And, I had volunteered to make dinner for the family tonight, so I prepped some food at my house and took it out to my parents' to cook. I made mongolian beef with rice and broccoli; my dad and I thought it was great, and I'm always happy when my dad likes something because his taste buds are basically destroyed and they're fickle on the best days.

Then I came home, and I messed around on my computer to be in range for the occasional help needed by [censored] as he continued the house project. And now, I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: