Tuesday, January 03, 2023

transliteration

Today went much better on the construction front - Randy was able to fix both countertop issues, and his cousin came over to help him move it from the garage onto the kitchen island, so that's all coming together nicely. I'm lucky that Randy's cousin apparently owes Randy some favors, and also lucky that Randy is quite good at what he does and so was able to get everything going again. He also grouted the rest of the backsplash (sans what I asked him to take out yesterday)...so once he finishes attaching the island countertop and adds a couple of other finishing details, my kitchen will be fully functional. Yay!

Of course, immediately after that, the main floor bathroom will be non-functional (boo), but it's a worthy cause and will be v. nice when it's done. Even though construction went well today, I was pretty distracted - it's hard for me to get focused writing time in the midst of stuff. However, I did spend several quality hours reading a research book on witches and elves (hopefully Randy didn't see the title...or, if he did see it, knew that it was for my writing; otherwise, everyone at the lumberyard will know by tomorrow that I'm a wannabe witch, which isn't true). I'm trying to figure out some questions about the magical systems in my story, and so research is a better way to spend my construction time than instagram.

After Randy was done for the day, I procrastinated a bit, ate dinner (leftover salmon, so good), and then had a long chat with my friend Caroline. After we were done, I did manage to get almost an hour of writing time - I haven't been writing at night, but I may have to until construction is over.

And now, I should sleep so that all the fun can begin again tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: