Wednesday, January 04, 2023

feel the city breaking and everybody shaking

I had the nicest day I could have given how dreary the weather was - I am reminded why I used to live in California, since January here is miserable. Of course, California isn't so great right now either...but I wouldn't mind some sun somewhere soon.

Despite the usual remodel distractions, I was able to get some stuff done this morning. I also cleaned my bathroom and vacuumed my bedroom and office, so I felt moderately industrious. Randy finished the countertops and other tings today, so the kitchen is about as finished as it can be at the moment - and it looks fantastic, so I'm v excited.

To celebrate, I made a new-to-me recipe for fettuccine and shrimp fra diavolo (that's "shrimp [censored] devil" in Italian). While my kitchen is still not totally put together since most of my cookware is boxed up, this was the first time I could use my oven with an actual counter top next to it, so it was v exciting. I think the layout is going to be great for cooking, so I'm looking forward to spending some quality time in the kitchen in the near future.

After I ate my v tasty pasta and cleaned up the kitchen, [censored] arrived and we chatted for a bit. Then I came upstairs and wrote a tiny bit, and now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: