Wednesday, January 25, 2023

did i leave my life to chance

I am weirdly exhausted, which I attribute to not getting enough sleep and then doing some heavy brain activity all day every day. I'm going to try to go to bed tonight and not nap for tomorrow, but now I think there's a good chance I'll adjust to the time zone just in time to fly home. C'est la vie, I guess.

But despite that, today was great. I woke up a little after seven and made myself a coffee, but then decided it was dump to wake up and so slept/dozed for an hour and a half. I also treated myself to some retail therapy - I went out to breakfast since I do not want to have to cook anyone for anything here, and then I bought a sweatshirt and a flannel shirt that I think I will put to good use.

I spent the afternoon writing outside with my usual crew - it felt just slightly chillier than yesterday, but it's also approximately sixty bajillion degrees warmer. Then we adjourned to Fresco, which was as delicious as promised by the group that went there last year while I was on my covid deathbed.

After dinner, I hung out in the living room, and now I am desperate to go to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: