Saturday, January 07, 2023

got to keep on pushin', mama, you know they're runnin' late

I have nothing particularly noteworthy to report - my house is still a mess due to construction, and it's even more of a mess because I'm trying to put my kitchen goods in order and that means things are strewn all over every available bit of counter space. However, I'm deeply excited to get my kitchen in order - and I added to the mess because I made a grocery run to Des Moines yesterday and also got a delivery of cooking ingredients from an Asian online grocer today. As soon as tings are in shape and I have my days mostly to myself again, I'm eager to cook as many tings as my heart desires.

So, as I referenced, yesterday was a Des Moines run, which I made quick due to my remodel situation. After, [censored] and I picked up takeout from the local Mexican restaurant and ate it with our parents. Then I spent some late evening time watching the last two votes for speaker of the house, which was as absurd as expected - why McCarthy wants the job is beyond me, especially after Ryan and Boehner were both pushed out by their own party, and especially because it's already clear that the far-right fringe is going to ruin McCarthy's life until he retires or loses the House again as a result of their disorganization. But it made for excellent late night tv, so we'll see what fresh misery the next two years of disfunction bring.

Today, I slept later than I should have due to last night's shenanigans, and then I did some writing/writing-adjacent work this morning before showering and making a late breakfast. Then I talked to Veronica, who was in fine form. And then I spent the afternoon doing some kitchen organization activities and watching pieces of the ISU/TCU men's basketball game, which ended well for the Iowa State side.

Eventually, [censored] and I went out to our parents' house, where we had vegetable beef soup and played a game of Ticket to Ride (I can't remember who won, but it was probably [censored], and I probably came in last due to poor luck in the destination draw). And now, I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: